Possagno (TV)- distance from the hotel Brennero Km
The Canova gallery of plaster casts is part of the Canova Museum, located in Possagno (TV), dedicated to the works of the sculptor Antonio Canova (1757-1822). The museum also includes the artist's house. The gallery of plaster casts is housed in a large basilica-shaped building and contains plaster models, terracotta sketches and marbles by the famous artist. Next to the gallery of plaster casts, the house where the artist was born houses the picture gallery (oils on canvas and tempera), some drawings, engravings of his works and numerous memorabilia. In the garden in front of the house, which is still cultivated in the same way and with the same tree species as in the late 18th century, there is still a large "pignera", an Italic pine, planted by Canova himself in 1799.